Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Truth About Being British

The Truth About Being British

I’m not British, let’s make that clear, and neither am I some idiot who thinks anything European/American/continental is automatically superior.

But hell man, British bands are good! During my last trip down to Singapore, I bought a made in china CD, (see? I told you I wasn’t a white supremist, China is good at producing cheap originals) Oasis and Queen. I know, I know…you all are probably thinking, “Queen? WTH!”

Queen was my mum’s idea. She had this sudden urge to listen to queen coz the guitarist was one of the coaches for the American idols the other day. Their live 1982 concert recordings on two CDs cost S$9.90, while my oasis’ “don’t believe the truth” was a tad bit pricier at S$12.90.

There’s just something about them larh. The Beatles were British, right? Legendary. Suede’s British, coldplay’s British, oasis is British, Travis is British, u2 is Irish, and Franz Ferdinand is Scottish. Need I say more? Probably with the exception of travis, which actually is quite nice, all these bands lead the crazies. U2 have time and again claimed ground on the modern rock tracks and on the humanitarian front, thanks to bono.

Suede is just damn cool. Try listening to Beautiful Ones.

Oasis is one of the biggest british bands around, and franz Ferdinand…refer to the comment on suede.

Neil Gaiman is british too! Way cool.

Speaking of whom, lipjeen asked me to buy a comic for myself on her behalf. Haha, is that cute/funny/sweet or what? Thx dear!

Currently, my head’s ringing with the song “the importance of being idle” by oasis. Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home