Friday, April 07, 2006

An Extended Weekend

An Extended Weekend

Well, what a weekend this one was! First the reporting, then my thoughts.

I left for Singapore on Saturday afternoon after I collected my IELTS results with lipjeen. The International English Language Testing System is a requirement for IMU and I have to get at least a band 6.5 (highest 9) in order to gain admission. Failing that I would have to pay another RM 495 to sit for the IELTS again, but at least 90 days after the first attempt. Well anyway, I GOT A BAND 8.5! whoo! I can’t say I was proud of my A level results, but for this, yes! Haha. For the conversation component I had the interviewer laughing about my horrendous soccer skills you know! Haha, never mind, visit http://www.iuhgnimnaw.blogspot.com/ for the story.

I left at 1.30 in the afternoon, after some dim sum (steamed dumplings – cheena food) and knowing that journey to Singapore would probably take at most 6 hours, I was optimistic about making the most of my time. I wanted to buy my return train ticket, and then meet up for dinner with my much missed, often thought of, and fondly remembered friends, (thanks to qadir for getting everything sorted out!) and then go and catch some shut-eye.

Forgetting to take into consideration heavy weekend traffic, I arrived at the woodlands checkpoint at 9pm. Talk about wrecked plans huh?

AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE FUCK-IEST THING IS???

There’s no toilet from before the JB customs till AFTER the woodlands one! And to think I spent about an hour on the causeway!! (Okay, I’m thinking of making a smart remark about burst bladders here, but words and ideas fail me)

Had dinner on the first night with yeekiat, engtze, qadir (ERS nut), shiyuan (sispec/six-pack? nut) Jeffrey goh and fairuz.

All in all, my trip to Singapore was a swell one. I’ve always liked visiting Singapore. =) hmm, shall make up more excuses to go down. Singapore’s like a place that I know well, is a half home, half holiday for me like that larh. My friends are there, and I get to take leave! Muahahaha…

The interviews for medicine were okay. But you’d be surprised just how many turned up for the essay test there! There were so many VJ people! The minute I got to the hall, (and not a minute too early either) I saw sheena quek, Eugenia, and farah (I had to stop and think hard to remember her name). In the hall I dashed forward to give a nice wring on the ear of faisal ahmad, caught a glimpse of a venkat (*gasps*), saw jianli, winghong, hatta (who got a little fatter). Who could miss that huge planet of Malaysian-thai parentage? Or a snow-woman with glasses? I also did some guys and a gal from another class, all of whom I quite dislike actually.

I met up with eddie susan tianglim, o-wern, konjien and yeekiat for dinner on Monday night too.

Thanks to yeekiat for letting me stay over at his uncles place, and of course, warmest gratitude to the uncle and aunt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home