Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Revelations from the Toilet Bowl

Revelations from the Toilet Bowl

There must be a sub-psychological influence that toilets have on the mechanics of my thinking.

First of all, thank goodness for apple and their ipods. They are lifesavers. Lately I haven’t been given too much work from my boss, so I’m quite free. While I’m not complaining about the lack of work, my situation can be boring sometimes. I’m only throwing information that comes in the faxes to our office onto excel sheets for the boss to manipulate them. So with no need to constantly make calls or listen to customers requesting amendments on their advertisements, I’m free to use my ipod. As long as I do my work, that is.

I found a bunch of peter pan songs on the windows media player on my computer. It turns out that a malay girl was using the computer before me, so that explains the songs. On Monday, I was struck by a bright idea to use my ipod as a flashdisk and transfer the songs back to my itunes at home. Only then can I put it on my ipod. To cut a long short, it worked, and I can enjoy the three songs I chose, ada apa denganmu, taman langit, and mungkin nanti.a

Back to the toilet… I thought, hey, since I don’t have an internet connection, I’ll blog on a word document first, and then transfer it to my ipod, bring them home, and then just copy, paste and some minimal editing.

I’ve read so many books recently! Whoo! A week ago I read ‘american gods’ by neil gaiman. That book was superb! Gaiman is a genius. Even Stephen king thinks so (I know, coz they always print accolades to the writer/book on the paperback covers.). This week I just finished ‘the life of pi’, and yes yeekiat, it is a great book. Today, I’m going to start ‘state of fear’ by Michael Crichton. Can’t wait. The previous book he talked about nano-particles, and the one before that he explored the possibility of parallel universes. I wonder what this one will be about.

Till next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home