Thursday, April 20, 2006

Another Big Headache

Another Big Headache

I’ve got news. I just received a letter from the melaka-manipal university yesterday telling me I had a place in the university. I have to reply them by the 8th of May. That is about two weeks from now. When I accept that place, I have to pay rm58000 as tuition fees for the first and second semester.

So now here’s my headache. Remember I said in the previous post that I used a shotgun instead of a rifle? Well, one of the pellets hit. The thing is I don’t know about the other pellets. If you’re confused, ask any NS guy, but if I’m not mistaken, a shotgun shell, when fired, launches several little bullets/pellets at the same time. That’s why when the town hall people, shoot the crows, they will almost always manage to hit a bird, even in mid-flight. You think they hire all the national shooters meh? There may be four, or eight, or twelve or a million pellets per shotgun shell for that matter, but a rifle shoots a single bullet. Well, using that analogy, I applied for medicine shotgun style, applying for three universities. IMU, MMMU (Malacca-manipal medical university) and NUS.

I haven’t got a reply from IMU and my interview with NUS is this Sunday/Monday, and I don’t know whether to accept he manipal one.

Frankly, I’m quite excited about going to India. It’s like a whole living-abroad experience again! I can taste the independence at the tip of my tongue already! Singapore was a blast, but I’m really looking for a new environment, be it in KL or in India. If I accept their offer, I will spend two and half years there, and complete the remaining two and a half years here. (Yeah, I know…long, huh…?)

It’s not like I don’t like living at home. God knows it’s comfortable and secure, but I really like the campus lifestyle. Chilling with the dudes till the stupid dahlan (the Victoria hall security guard) comes to scold us, sharing pirated stuff, like movies, band of brothers, the simpsons, bleach…and hiding from the authorities. I remember in CJC hostel, we were watching a vcd late into the night in my room, when aunty april came to check on us. We all scrambled to hide, impossible as it may have seemed. We were all caught, except for one guy, shaunteh who hid under my table. Haha, we had a great laugh after that. And when I lived alone, no one gave a hoot if I met up with lipjeen everyday. Hehe… (hey, don’t look at me like that! We did go out to study together also you know…)

That’s me, reminiscing the old times again.

As for my headache, nothing less than a bullet will cure it. Hmmz…okay, okay, that’s like suicidal, but well, just to tell you that this headache of mine is staying here long term. It’s about to get citizenship in my head, fo’ crying’ out loud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home