Sunday, April 24, 2005

Stories That Manner

Stories That Manner

after my last post, to those i have read it, i guess i've spread a cloud of doubt over myself and my actions. sorry. but that's the way i am sometimes. if this is truly an outlet of expression, then i'll not deviate from this school of thinking.

okay, okay....enough of this heavy shit. today my dear gave a copy of hotel rwanda. i know, i know i'm a lil slow, but i've wanted to watch it ever since i heard about it, but unfortunately for me, my busy schedule deprived me of a trip to the cinema weekend after weekend until the cineplexes stopped showing the movie. (another movie that bit the dust was spongebob too...) anyway... i tell you, it was good stuff man!!!

it wasn't too gory (like The Passion), it wasn't to depressing (like The Pianist), and most of all, it conveys a gamut of messages to the viewer...(me!). to most i guess the message would be the condemnation of racism and the outrageous way people build hatred on the basis of prejudices and colour. but to me, the movie spoke about the human spirit and compassion. what makes us human? last friday, VJ invited medical student back to talk to us about their medicine course at NUS. (the talk lasted 2 whole hours, much to my chagrin, but that's beside the point). in one of their slides was this qoute "the decission to pursue medicine is what differentiates us from animals". i'm sure i paraphrased is somewhat, but that was the crux of it. this movie spoke to me. in ways that go right in. the indominable human spirit. the intensity of fear. the sanctity of life.

it was great to know that stuff like this still existed. it's a true story, and in our world of self-centred-ness and the rush to step over your peers, it is uplifting to know that faith can still be placed in the race of man.

thank you for the insight.

joke!!!

sinner 1: father, i'm here to confess my sins.
priest: tell me, my child. when was your last confession
sinner 1: a week ago.
...(confesses)...
priest: okay my child, go and sprinkle holy water on yourself and i will pray for you.

sinner 2: father, forgive me for i have sinned.
priest: confess, my child, and you shall be forgiven.
...(confesses)...
priest: okay son. go and sprinkle some holy water and i will pray for you.

sinner 3: (enters giggling like mad) father...i need to confess my sins
priest: (mildly irritated) what is it young man?
sinner 3: I PEED IN THE HOLY WATER!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home