Monday, August 27, 2007

Where There is Life, There is...

hi. it's been a weekend and a day since i've last blogged. first and foremost, the happy things. things we can celebrate without giving excuses to others if you aren't crying.

here goes:
HAPPY BIRTDAY SHI YUAN AND QADIR!!!

their birthdays fall on the 24th and the 25th, respectively. they both turn twenty, and join the gang of older kids. many happy returns my good friends.
on saturday, me and lipjeen were having lunch. we had bought tickets to the show perfect stranger (halle berry and bruce willis), which would screen after our makan. then i got an sms from my dad telling me that my grandmother had died.

so it happened. it feels so surreal. i've been expecting this for quite sometime already, but now, it feels...strange. somehow disjointed. it was as if my dead grandmother was right in front of me and i was on mars.

i forgo-ed (or forwent, whatever) the movie and i went over to fetch my brother (i called him. i said, "grandma's dead". "huh?? serious arh???"). we went to the nursing home. i was the last person there before the funeral parlour took her away. she looked like she was sleeping, but she was so still. so still. i still can see her. pale skin, mouth agape... i don't know how to handle this. my dad had red eyes. i was going "ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh" in my head, 'coz i didn't know what to say or do. finally. i spent some time alone with my dead grandmother. said a prayer, and said my last goodbye.


the funeral parlour people took her out in a stretcher, under a folded shroud and my father struggled to stiffle a big sob, i was like "OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH" what do i do?

anyway, i went back that night.

i've spent sunday and monday at the wake at the funeral parlour.
on sunday lip jeen, jan kee, seng chye, kuan ken, jimmy tee, jeremy cheah, and abiramy came to visit. it was very nice of them. a great gesture of friendship and respect. thank you my friends.


it is now eleven pm on monday. tomorrow there will be a short service, and i have to go up and say something. oh well, oh well.

cya around. i still have to go and get my goth clothes, etc for wednesday. i'm going mad. tahz.

1 Comments:

At 00:19 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your well wishes, and I am sorry to hear that your grandmother has passed on. Take good care of yourself man, cut down on the drinking (it's killin' your liver bro)because the greatest thing you can do for your grandma now is LIVING STRONGER.

Yep. That's it. What were you expecting, a speech? HEHEH. =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home