Friday, May 16, 2008

Beating Around The Bush Of Lalang

i know, i know. this is late. my mum rocks. she gave me three things that are so ordinary in my life today, that i rarely notice them. often, i've taken them for granted. and what brought on this sudden wave of gratitude?? well, mother's day played a part, for sure, but so did my big mouth. haha...


let me explain.


have you all ever noticed that saying something makes what you feel or what you are more concrete?? i mean, i know all the cliches about how words are nothing more than beautifully expressed air, but there are times when words become cement. or sand. or all those iron rods (technically they are called iron rebars). or whatever that goes into concrete larh.


like how saying things like "oh, i study medicine", or "shit! my exams are in two month's time only!"


don't you take a step back (careful, don't fall) and think, "hey! damn straight dude! you (which is really me, or myself, and yours truly) are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! time to crack the books!!"


only this time, i had a conversation with llama. and i said this (pardon the manglish), "eh, i quite like stephen king's books la"


so, it all started with this guy.


i was saying that his epic series, the dark tower trumps harry freaking potter hands down! yeah man! it does. hands down, pants down, and goose feather down.


and i realised. HEY! I DO LIKE STEPHEN KING!


so i went out and got three books of his. pet sematary, carrie and misery. my favourite one was pet semetary.


spooky as hell.


anyway... this brings me all the way back to my mother. as of late, i've rediscovered the passion for reading!


and that was one of the gifts that she gave to me. or rather she shared with me. my father reads as much as the bush of lalang growing in my garden. so, all the book-wormish-ness you see in me? all from mum. the other two? well, i guess one of them would have to be just being so nice and so cool and so approachable. being a mother, in other words. and the other?


the most selfless one of all. because she gave this to me while she herself couldn't have it. it was the gift of music. crazy right??? i don't think i can think of a day that i didn't go through without playing the guitar, or singing something out loud.


anyway, i've read all three stephen king books, and one more for good measure, which was Cell.


and imagine my joy when i sat beside mervin today (i mean, not the sitting part, wait till the end of the sentence!) and i saw this book! i remember wanting to read it ever since... ever since forever larh! and he very obligingly allowed me to borrow it. YES!!!


this book is the god of small things



P.S. heh! the god of small things. anthony, your cock worships this book. hahahahaha....

(sorry guys, couldn't resist)

1 Comments:

At 22:20 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walau eh`~~
ant's cock worships the god of small things~~bwahahahhaha~~
AND!!!
harry potter pwnz stephen king's anytime la!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home